The Aire Rivers Trust (hereinafter, also referred to as “we” or “our”) are committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with relevant data protection and privacy laws. Our data collection and processing activities are designed to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our operations sometimes necessitate collection of personal information other than that covered by the generic ‘charity exemptions’ and so we have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as required by The Data Protection Act. The statement below is based on the statement provided to the ICO as part of our registration and outlines what we collect, why we collect it, how we process and secure it and with whom we share it.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution; administer membership records; to fundraise and promote the interests of the charity; manage our employees and volunteers; maintain our own accounts and records.
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family detail
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- membership details
- goods and services
- financial details
- education and employment details
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- staff, volunteers
- complainants, supporters
- advisers and representatives of other organisations
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
We will disclose your Personal information to external individuals or organisations, only if:
- it is with your consent or at your request; or
- when required to do so to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory obligations, or
- to protect security and/or to prevent and/or detect crime
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- current, past and prospective employers
- healthcare, social and welfare organisations
- educators and examining bodies
- financial organisations
- employment and recruitment agencies
- survey or research organisations
- business associates and professional advisers
- providers of goods and services
- local and central government
- other voluntary and charitable organisations
Access to your information
We are happy to provide you with details of any of your personal information that may be retained on our database.
You can contact us at any time with your comments or queries. We would be grateful if you provide your name and address, a contact telephone number and brief details about the information you are seeking. To protect your personal information we will require proof of identity prior to disclosing information.
Any enquiries about the data we collect on you, or how we process it, should be directed to The Aire Rivers Trust, c/o Geoff Roberts, 2 Tyersal House, Tyersal Lane, Bradford BD4 0RE